Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Maintain laundry/linen service in a sanitary, safe, and efficient manner in accordance with established procedures. Process and deliver linen to customers with close attention to delivery schedule.
- Collect, sort, and weigh soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and place in appropriate containers and/or assigned areas.
- Sort, weigh and wash soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., as established by our operation policies and procedures as instructed by your supervisor.
- Fold, stack, hang, and distribute clean laundry, linen, garments, etc. as necessary.
- Follow established procedures on cross-contamination, infectious material, etc., to assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
- Keep your work area(s) free of hazardous conditions, i.e., spills, excess laundry carts, baskets, supplies, equipment, etc., to your supervisor immediately.
- Perform other related duties as may become necessary or as directed.
Compensation / Benefits
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in industrial laundry is preferred