Canastota, NY 13032
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The spring 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our seventh consecutive “A” or “B”.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience.
The Recruiting Coordinator will serve as the point of contact for all recruiting activity in the Oneida Health Circle of Care. This position reports to Human Resources and supports all recruiting, on-boarding, and off-boarding activities. This is a part-time position (30 hours).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to schedule interviews.
- Collaborates with Employee Health and the HR Manager during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent pre-employment details.
- Assists in the off-boarding process through exit interviewing, paperwork, and guiding employees through the off-boarding process.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.