$3,000 Sign-on Bonus
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This job is responsible for performing Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedures at a technical level in accordance with established protocols established by management to facilitate the consistency of results. Work involves performing MRI scans, including a variety of procedures that require independent judgment and initiative. An incumbent assumes responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of MRI operating equipment.
- Perform high quality MRI exams on incoming patients.
- Administer contrast as needed, in a safe and effective manner.
- Monitor patient’s well being during exams; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action.
- Guide patients through this sometimes difficult process by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process.
- Respond to physician questions and needs regarding patient procedures.
- Ensures that information on MRI patients is recorded in the appropriate manner.
- Provides for patient comfort and safety with respect to the high field magnet by utilizing appropriate procedures/accessories.
- Operates equipment consistent with standard usage guidelines and techniques.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to MRI exams and equipment.
- Maintain a safe and appropriate work area.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from a JCRT accredited school
- MR certification preferred
- Experience as an MRI Tech preferred