Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is responsible for counseling and consultation services including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for clients experiencing social/behavioral/emotional issue within Oneida Healthcare primary care services. Responsible for directing, supervising, and coordinating staff and activities of the care coordination team to provide quality, cost-effective care while working collaboratively with the members of the clinical team to provide professional social work services to Team Patients and families including direct counseling services, crisis intervention, and coordination of community services/resources. . Additionally, the LCSW develops, organizes and implements programs, policies and procedures, necessary to ensure successful implementation of the Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) and Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program models. Performance of duties may be autonomous and self-directed as part of an interdisciplinary team. Typical hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as a behavioral health consultant to primary care providers and personnel.
- Ensures provisions of safe, high-quality patient care in the primary care setting.
- Conducts and ensures comprehensive, culturally sensitive psycho-social assessments, care plan development, counseling and crisis intervention services to Team patients and families.
- Ensures documentation of assessments, interventions, and treatment data in medical record.
- Supports patients/families/caregivers in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change.
- Facilitates Team Patient access to medical home providers, staff and resources.
- Supports patients/families/caregivers during discharges/transfers to different levels of care in accordance with utilization control requirements and assists staff/patient/patient family/primary caregiver with making arrangements.
- Assists with or promotes the identification of Team Patients in the practice with special health care needs; add to registry and use to plan and monitor care.
- Supervises the coordination of services with appropriate clinic and community resources.
- Provides information and education about health/mental health issues to Team Patients/families and to groups.
- Serves as primary clinical liaison for primary care initiatives and behavioral health.
- Supports the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based practice.
- Provides education and coaching to departments and providers regarding behavioral health treatment and coordination of services.
- Participates in project work groups to include internal and external, community-based stakeholders.
- Reviews processes and makes recommendations for improvement. Creates goals for care coordination services and ensures that these goals are in line with organizational goals.
- Works with stakeholders to compile, analyze, evaluate and review care change strategies and facilitate group discussions.
- Interact effectively with key stakeholders, medical staff, administration, Information Management Technology, community partner agencies, regulatory agencies, and the public.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: Current NYS registered Clinical Social Work Licensure
Experience: Minimum three years of experience in social work and broad background with diverse patient populations, preferably in medical setting
Other Requirements: Registered to practice social work in state and/or a current state social work license.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.*Excellent benefits, including 403(b) with both matching and discretionary contributions, rich health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance and 29 paid days off to start.
About Oneida Health
Oneida Health’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Health provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center. The Circle of Care means “Exceptional Care…Always!”
Oneida, NY is a unique community with beautiful tree lined streets, sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library, and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5 hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.