Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This is a professional position involving responsibility for evaluating, planning and providing physical therapy treatment to patients in accordance with written prescription or referral from a physician who provides medical direction. The Physical Therapist is responsible to a Senior Physical Therapist or, if there is no senior position, to the facility administrator for the operation of the department. Supervision may be exercised over the work of Physical Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides and clerical employees assigned to the service; does related work as required. The work environment is a fast paced outpatient clinic for day shift with some Saturday coverage at the hospital.
- Evaluates the degree of function and disability of patients unless contraindicated by his professional judgment or a doctor’s admission notes;
- Performs physical therapy procedures upon the written order or referral of a licensed physician;
- Participates with other personnel in the formulation of patients total care plans;
- Participates in the selection of personnel in the physical therapy service, assigns their duties and provides supervision;
- Develops or assists in the development of physical therapy policies and procedures;
- Confers periodically with a supervising Physical Therapist and physicians regarding all facets of patient care and related activities;
- Assists in the development of, instructs and participates in the facility in-service education program;
- Records on patients’ charts all physical therapy evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, consultation and discharge summaries;
- Maintains program records including but not limited to the service budget and statistical reports of the frequency and types of treatment and number of patients treated;
- Incumbent may provide care and/or treatment to infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Licensed and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as a Physical Therapist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of physical therapy;
- good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of apparatus and equipment used in physical therapy;
- good knowledge of pathological conditions and socioeconomic factors affecting a patient’s disabilities;
- working knowledge of community resources applicable to physical therapy;
- ability to plan and supervise the work of others;
- ability to get along well with others;
- physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.