Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This is supervisory work involving responsibility for maintaining high standards of professional nursing services in the management of the Emergency Department. The work is performed under general supervision with latitude for instructing, planning, and making assignments to subordinates. Does related work as required.
- Assesses patient nursing care needs and prepares and carries out a nursing care plan
- Collaborates with medical staff in care and treatment of patients
- Provides for accurately descriptive records of the medical treatment and nursing care of patients
- Checks physicians’ orders, medication cards and charts to insure prompt and accurate execution of orders
- Instructs and assists the nursing staff and auxiliary nursing personnel on nursing problems, unit management and related activities
- Coordinates the services rendered by other departments in the interest of effective management and patient welfare
- Supervises the activities of professional subordinates in the bedside care of patients and the administration of medications and treatments on a unit
- Orients new personnel and oversees participation in related staff development and in-service training programs
- Performs a variety of personnel and unit management activities
- Assists in the formulation and execution of policies and procedures
- Acts as Supervising Nurse in their absence or as directed
- Incumbent may provide care and/or treatment to infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Foster the mission, vision, beliefs, values and philosophy of Oneida Health.
- Adheres to Infection Control program to prevent spread of infections, practice of standard precautions, protects self, peers, patients, and visitors from infection and uses appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Assures safe operation and maintenance of equipment, materials and resources to complete the work within the time assigned.
- Attend and complete required educational programs (Inservice Solutions, Department Specific Mandatory Programs, and position/performance related topics) on an annual basis.
- Participates in performance improvement concepts important to patient safety.
- Aware of and follows Oneida Healthcare’s Commitment to Patients.
- Aware of an follows Oneida Healthcare’s Commitment to Co-Workers.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered two year college with an Associate Degree in Nursing;
- BSN preferred
- Minimum two years of experience as a Registered Professional Nurse (preferred in ED)
- Two years of Unit supervisory/management experience (preferred in ED)
- NYS RN License