Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The spring 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our seventh consecutive “A” or “B”.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience.
Performs various reception and clerical duties to aid the technologists and radiologists in executing diagnostic imaging services, for the continuing care of all outpatients, in-house, and emergency room patients. These duties include: scheduling, film management, maintenance of patient records, coordinating and serving as the main communication source for the X-ray, Ultrasound, CAT Scan, Nuclear Medicine, MRI, and Mammography departments. Other duties as assigned.
1. Provide secretarial/clerical coverage in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
2. Schedule patient appointments in person or by telephone. Obtains authorization numbers, CPT and ICD-10 information.
3. Prepare reports and correspondence, produce schedules and charges from automated systems.
4. Greet patients and obtain demographic and insurance information and register patient into system.
5. Answer telephone in less than four rings, direct calls to appropriate persons and take accurate messages.
6. Obtain legally acceptable general consents to bill third parties. Secure copies of valid insurance cards.
7. Prepare associated forms such as requisitions or referral forms with review of any prep required.
8. Review payment policies and collect monies due.
9. Maintain patient records including the retrieval of patient charts to file correspondence, reports, test results, etc. Pull charts for telephone messages as needed. Refer to billing those patients unable to pay and/or have questions regarding billing.
10. Copy and/or provide medical records information to outside agencies and physicians under established guidelines and print reminder cards weekly.
11. Address patient’s need while in Radiology waiting room, answer questions regarding patient appointments and testing.
12. Order supplies and maintain work area.
13. Calls reports to providers when necessary, understands correct documentation of such.
14. Produces CD’s for patients following patient medical release procedures.
15. Performs all duties as per the scanning technician job description.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent
Experience: Medical Terminology helpful
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including 403(b) with both matching and discretionary contributions, generous health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance and 29 paid days off to start.
About Oneida Healthcare
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center.