Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
- Well-established and growing convenient care “Quick Care” service line.
- Full time opportunity = 3,12-hour shifts plus 1 weekend per month (split between Oneida and Camden; will be adding weekends in Camden in the near future).
- Per diem opportunities also available.
- Supported by our practice management team for nursing/administrative support, EMR (Medent), coding and quality initiatives.
- Employed specialties include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, ENT (with allergy and audiology), Gastroenterology, Neurology, OBGYN, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Vascular Surgery and Quick Care.
- Additional network specialties include Cardiology, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Pulmonology (with Sleep Center), Thoracic Surgery and Urology.
- Exciting new service line additions include an on-campus Medical Oncology Center and Radiation Oncology Center (both in partnership with Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center) and Wound Care (in partnership with Restorix).
Education / Training / Experience / Certification / Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of accredited physician assistant or nurse practitioner program.
- Current New York State License and current NYS physician assistant licensure or as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- Minimum three years of experience preferred
Competitive salary commensurate with education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. Excellent benefits, including 403(b) with both matching and discretionary contributions (up to 6% total), rich health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance, 32 paid days off (includes 6 holidays) plus 5 CME days / allowance.
About Oneida Healthcare
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center. The Circle of Caremeans “Exceptional Care…Always!”
Oneida, NY is a unique community with beautiful tree lined streets, sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library, and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5 hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.