Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This is a professional position involving responsibility for coordinating development activities for EF staff and administration of the CNA training program. Does related work as required.
- Coordinates and schedules general orientation for all ECF employees: Develops/revises orientation modules as necessary; Provides appropriate personnel information to all ECF employees
- Assures scheduling of mandatory inservices twice yearly to maintain compliance with regulatory standards
- Provides current on-going educational programs to meet state and federal standards
- Coordinates video library service for all ECF employees
- Interviews prospective CNA and LPN candidates; recommends for hire as designated by the DON
- Maintains current nursing inservice/outservice attendance records to verify attendance; includes topic, date, and module
- Coordinates a continuing education program for CNAs as mandated by NYSDOH
- Coordinates NYS certification of Nursing Assistants to enable all ECF unit helpers to become certified as mandated by NYSDOH
- Provides timely/consistent orientation evaluations of new hires
- Provides current inservices to ECF nursing staff to maintain up-to-date theory and knowledge of LTC nursing; develops and promotes monthly inservice calendar
- Acts as primary instructor/clinical supervisor in certified NA training program. Involves classroom instruction and clinical supervision/instruction
- Possesses communication/observation skills necessary to convey technical oral and written direction
- Acts as chair on Inservice Committee; prepares agenda and conducts meetings
- Communicates directly to DON on pertinent department items
- Maintains knowledge of current theory and practice
- Develops teaching modules with stated purpose, objectives, and goals
- Manages department budget
- Acts as Relief Supervisor on any shift as may be designated by the DON
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid NYS RN license
- Associate degree; bachelor degree preferred
- 3 years experience in medical staff development, preferably in LTC
- Experience administering a CNA training program required