Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Primarily at the Extended Care Facility including Vent & Tracheotomy Unit with additional coverage for Outpatient (pediatric-geriatric populations), Acute Care Facility, and Radiology (e.g., Videoflouroscope Swallow Studies)
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence and NYS SLP Licensure; VitalStim certification is ideal.
- Must have advanced knowledge diagnosing and treating voice, speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders with interest in dysphagia management for individuals with vent dependency
- Must be proficient in administration and interpretation of Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies (VFSS).
- Experience with Medicare Type A and B billing is preferred.
All applicants must be licensed and independent learners with strong computer skills, excellent time-management abilities, and motivation to help fortify neurogenic SLP program.