Oneida, NY 13421
We have an opening for a talented Nurse Practitioner to support our night time hospitalist service, working a full time 7 on, 7 off schedule.
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the supervision of an attending internal medicine/family practice department physician, the Nurse Practitioner will participate directly in the care of inpatients as part of the night time hospitalist service at Oneida Healthcare.
- Perform and document history and physical examinations on assigned patients.
- Assist the physician in evaluation and management of assigned patients on the medical inpatient service.
- The writing of admission and initial diagnostic tests.
- Perform daily rounds and daily progress notes on charts for active patients.
- Patients on alternate care status will require only weekly summaries to include condition, treatment and discharge planning
- Review treatment regiments, laboratory data and complete routine orders. Adjust management as indicated on the direction of the attending physicians.
- Participate in discharge planning, work in conjunction with nursing staff, social service and other health care team members regarding the patient’s condition and treatments.
- Perform procedures for which the supervising attending is credentialed and who delegates to the clinical affiliate on patients assigned to the medical service, those procedures for which the clinical affiliate himself/herself are also credentialed.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current New York State License and current New York State Certificate as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Current certification by a nationally recognized certifying body
- Completion of medical staff credentialing process and procedures (including request of privileges)
Competitive salary commensurate with education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. Excellent benefits, including 403(b) with both matching and discretionary contributions, rich health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance and 14 paid days off (vacation, sick, personal, holiday and CME).
About Oneida Healthcare
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center. The Circle of Care means “Exceptional Care…Always!”
Oneida, NY is a unique community with beautiful tree lined streets, sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library, and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5 hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.