Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This is a temporary position!
The work involves the routine care of residents in accordance with a detailed and well-defined resident care plan in collaboration with the RN Unit Manager and under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse (UM or Nursing Supervisor) and Physician. Provides direct nursing care to residents and oversees the day to day nursing activities performed by CNA’s and Ward Clerks on the unit. Provides care and services to residents within the scope of license, under the direction of the RN. This LPN must have the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action but also understands must be in constant communication with the RN (UM/Supervisor) with updates throughout the shift.
- Provides care and treatment of the resident as prescribed by the physician.
- Delegates, implements and observes staff providing care in accordance with resident care plans in consultation with the RN (UM/Nursing Supervisor)
- Assists residents and families as needed – customer service plays an integral part in our day to day business
- Schedules resident appointments with assistance of ward clerk – notifies families/responsible of appointments/transportation
- Work with Physician with rounding, orders and resident care needs
- Updates staff with resident care need changes, additions etc
- Inputs orders into the computer system and notifies pharmacy
- Reviews resident consultations and updates physician as needed
- Attends daily meetings as directed by Unit Manager/Supervisor
- Assists UM in resident care plan development and consults with RN regarding level of care changes
- Responsible to delegate assignments, order medications and supplies, observe and chart residents vital signs, assist with wound rounds, dress wounds, prepare equipment and assist with resident personal hygiene and observe residents reaction to medications, treatments and report back to the RN (UM/Supervisor) and/or physician to modify a treatment plan
- Complies with policy and procedures related controlled substances, narcotic count and documentation
- Use sound nursing judgment to evaluate changes in resident situations and reports to/call RN when appropriate
- Record incidents errors or accidents
- Promptly call RN as needed
- Assist with tasks, including assisting in dining rooms, performing bathing, incontinence, and the like
- Promptly notify appropriate staff of any building emergencies or concerns such as fire, security concerns or breakdown in any major system (plumbing, power etc)
- Responsible to report or ensure that a report is made: residents incidents regarding suspected abuse, neglect, mistreatment and exploitation
- Attends/participates in resident/family care meetings, IDT and discharge meetings
- Works collaboratively with other members of the IDT
- Performs other tasks and Administrative duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a course of study approved by the State Education Department as qualifying for Licensed practical Nurse
- Proven team player with all members of the IDT
- Exceptional work ethic, compassionate and empathetic, possesses high degree of interpersonal communication skills to relate with a variety of individuals
- Eligibility for a license issued by the State of New York to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse; Possession of the license at the time of appointment.
- CPR certified