Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The System Administrator’s role is to manage in-house computer software systems, servers, storage devices as well as backups and remote disaster storage along with network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. Other duties as assigned.
Serves as Technical Administrator for all of OHC servers / applications.
- Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2003 – 2016 operating systems
- Manage Active Directory, including creation of all users account, ensuring security and maintenance of all domain controllers
- Administers Citrix environment, including creation and maintenance of XenDesktop and XenApps, implementing server updates, and monitoring usage and ensuring security.
- Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy,
- Security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers and Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including: cable management, documentation, labeling; configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access; build/deploy new servers on the network as needed; have familiarity with NAS and SAN storage management, and MS DFS; manage multiple storage types EMC and HP 3Par.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
Provides support to users as needed
- Responds to Helpdesk service requests as appropriate.
- Supports the Network Administrator and Technicians on a functional basis as needed
- On call for after hour coverage every four weeks
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical role with increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent relevant work experience and/or hardware/software certification(s).
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft applications/infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients.
- Strong documentation/reporting skills.
- Senior level analytical/troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Capable of resolving critical software and hardware issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Must be fluent with Windows networking, advanced server support, and have significant work experience or certifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person with customers.
- Technical writing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations.
- Knowledge of information technology products and services
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve
- Experience working in a health clinic and hospital environment
Experience in the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008, 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2016
- Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Microsoft Systems Management Server – SCCM 2016
- Microsoft ISA Server Networking skills, including LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, etc.
- Virtual Desktop and server environments VMware 6.5 or higher
- Storage EMC VNX 5400, VNX 5200, Data Domains, XtremI0 and HP 3par, PowerMax