Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Under supervision of Materials Management Team Leader and Materials Management Supervisor, the Materials Handler performs a wide variety of storeroom activities including picking, receiving, verifying, storing, shipping, and record keeping of materials, equipment, and supplies. Responsible for safety and proper handling of equipment and supplies.
1. Verify and check completeness of materials received from vendor. Check packing lists to verify accuracy of items received and pay careful consideration to delivery shortages, damage to supplies, equipment, and materials, over shipments, and other discrepancies. Accurately receive items into Inventory System.
2. Restock received product into warehouse assigned stocking locations or place in designated areas for non-stock deliveries.
3. Pack and ship merchandise and equipment for return to supplier for credit or exchange as indicated. Complete all appropriate paperwork and logs.
4. Inventory and replenish all departmental/clinical store rooms ensuring not to understock or overstock the rooms.
5. Provide Print-on-Demand service with regards to forms ordering.
6. Perform physical inventory counts during semi-annual inventory.
7. Keep receiving area, warehouse shelves and aisles clean, organized, and free of hazards and obstructions.
8. Maintain material handling equipment and report any potential problems.
9. Maintain records in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
10. Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, and other team members.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year Materials Management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds and to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to understand and accurately carry out routine oral and written directions as well as to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks at once as well as a willingness to cooperate and to follow a carefully a prescribed routine.
7 am – 3:30 pm Flex (weekend rotation required)