Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The transport Aide provides resident transport to appointments, therapy, and meals. Will also transport residents to the hospital for imaging, wound clinic, etc. Will provide supervision of residents during family visits. Will also assist with general care responsibilities, such as making beds, straightening rooms, answering call bells, etc.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Transports residents via wheelchair, Ger-chair, Q-foam chair, or stretcher to/from scheduled appointments as coordinated by the nursing units with PT, OT, hairdresser/barber, activities, etc.
- Meet scheduled appointment times.
- Sign out residents on units and return residents from appointments to their respective units, handing resident off to team leader to sign in.
- make self available to nursing units to transport residents (other than normal appointments) to destination as directed by licensed nurse.
- Assists with dining room activities and bed room straightening.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous related experience preferred