Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The Patient Accounting Systems Business Analyst’s primary function is toserve as the Revenue Cycle/Meditech/B/AR Subject Matter Expert (SME) and to safeguard and insure the continued operational integrity and functionality of the B/AR module required for the accurate and timely production and regulatory disclosure of healthcare claims and supports the performance goals as established by Senior management. This position will report to both the Director of Patient Financial Services and the IS Applications Manager.
- Supports successful functionality of Patient Accounting and all related interfaces
- Timely implements New Release (priority pacs) upon completion of successful testing
- Ensures Interface compatibility and successful functionality (uploads/downloads)
- Facilitates Problem resolutions related to systems
- Provides dictionary development, support and maintenance
- Performs reporting development, maintenance and support – both NPR and selection
- Safeguards system access
- Proven understanding and accomplishments within Revenue Cycle operations.
- Thorough understanding of the Meditech B/AR architecture with the ability to communicate findings, recommend best practice design, architect (build) the database, and document the build for sustainable long term knowledge transition.
- Responsible for evaluating information system infrastructure of the Revenue Cycle and providing best practice system design as well as implementing the architecture in support of transformed processes.
- Analyzes needs and develops hardware, software solutions and interfacing requirements for all Revenue Cycle services.
- Develops and implements best practice procedures and process flows for B/AR, Change Healthcare, and other external vendors as required.
- Ability to understand and connect specific system enhancements to bottom line operational improvements specific to Revenue Cycle.
- Implements timely payer changes to reimbursement – APC/DRG/APG.
- Implements timely changes to pricing/CPT/HCPCS.
- Utilizes established hospital ticketing system for the resolution of user system problems. Prioritizes, monitors, and resolves. Notifies user.
- Supports special report production – selection and NPR. Serves as a liaison with IS department, Billing and Accounting, Clinical Informatics, Nursing, and other departments as required.
- Develops and updates the claim forms and dictionaries required for SPARCS submission. Assists in problem resolution in the event of an unsuccessful SPARCS submission.
- Works with informatics and Revenue Cycle Teams to develop best practice operational workflows which integrate core HCIS technology and automation to provide quality Revenue Cycle results.
- Initiates Process Improvement activities when warranted as well as Initiation of writing of procedural training document.
- Assists the management team by providing data (Revenue Cycle, Financial, and Business related) in order to make sound operational decisions which support existing project deliverables and long term sustainability.
- Ability to train on specific system improvements as well as harness process redesign to better the outcomes of the processes and people using the system.
- Alerts Director of any issues, concerns and/or negative trends with systems functionality upon discovery.
- Interacts with staff in a positive manner and supports teamwork. Is kind, courteous, respectful and professional in all interactions with all hospital personnel at all levels.
- Attends pertinent seminars, internal and external meetings, participates in appropriate knowledge resources to insure up to date knowledge base and shares obtained information with Business Office and institutional personnel.
- Complies with patient confidentiality policies for the retention of patient health information, or when handling, distributing, or disposing of patient health information.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity, and ensures confidentiality of patient records.
- Prepares relevant reporting as assigned.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director or Applications Manager
- Effectively and timely communicates any and all necessary information and changes relative to the Meditech B/AR and related applications processes and procedures both internally and externally as necessary.
- Develops and disseminates, timely, internal and external and procedures and process flows as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in system analytical and maintenance role, preferably hospital
- Knowledge of the Meditech dictionaries, building, and best practice implementation for the B/AR module
- Ability to evaluate and test system code changes relative to the change occurring in the Revenue Cycle processes.
- Ability to manage project plan tasks, issues logs, risks, and create weekly status reports.
- Use industry standard change control practices.
- Ability to create training material, supervise, and deliver training for other IT or Revenue Cycle staff involved in the optimization/implementation and build.
- Exposure to the healthcare industry – payer claims adjudication/ physician’s office/ or hospital in a technical role
- Must be highly professional, organized, possess impeccable communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- PC and Microsoft Office Suite use and application literate
- Knowledge of patient accounting systems
- Analytically inclined