Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This position exists in the Radiology Department and involves responsibility for performing diagnostic medical examination of patients using computerized tomography equipment. The work is usually performed under general direction of Supervising CT Technologist with leeway allowed for exercise of independent judgment in carrying out technical details of the work. Does related work as required.
1. Performs CT scans in an efficient, empathetic and timely manner in compliance with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency standards with regard to quality of patient care and radiation safety.
2. Records information and schedules patients in cooperation with Radiologists, referring physician offices and nursing units.
3. Completes appropriate files and records as assigned.
4. Assists the Radiologists with biopsies and drainages.
5. Immediately reports needed repairs and maintenance of the CT equipment and unit to the supervisor.
6. Maintains CT equipment and suite in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
7. Assumes responsibility for CT emergency call and responds to emergency calls in a timely manner according to Departmental Policy.
8. Notifies supervisor immediately of problems involving the patient/family, physician, Radiologist or other hospital personnel.
- Graduation from an approved JCERT program for Radiologic Technology
- Certification from ARRT
- NYS license
Competitive salary commensurate with education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.*Excellent benefits, including 403(b) with both matching and discretionary contributions, rich health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance and 29 paid days off to start.
About Oneida Healthcare
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center. The Circle of Care means “Exceptional Care…Always!”