Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The spring 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our seventh consecutive “A” or “B”.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience.
This is a professional nursing position involving responsibility for coordinating individual patient care and for performing nursing services requiring substantial specialized judgment and skills. Work is performed under the general direction of a supervisory level nursing position and in accordance with a prescribed nursing care plan. This 8-hour position will cover both Cardiology and Radiology.
- Perform venipuncture and inject medications and contrast materials, complete contrast consent forms and related documentation.
- Assess and monitor patient condition including vital signs and cardiac monitoring during radiological exams.
- Document care of patients while in the department.
- Recognize, document, and assist in treatment of contrast reactions and extravasations.
- Administer moderate sedation and monitor as appropriate.
- Assess patients’ needs for medications for nausea, pain, etc.
- Catheterize patients for radiological exams.
- Assist the radiologist with special procedures and interventions that require nursing skills.
- Deliver properly labeled biopsy specimens to OHC laboratory.
- Perform CBEs for Cancer Services Program patients.
- Respond to emergency situations in the department.
- Assist radiological technologists in transporting, positioning, and transferring patients.
- Maintain emergency equipment and Crash Cart, assist with restocking rooms.
- Notify medical providers of positive pathology results after CT biopsies.
- Collect data for continuing quality improvement studies and compile quarterly report for Risk Management department.
- Order and disseminate Landauer film badges to the Radiology, Operating Room, Cardiac Testing, and Endoscopy departments.
- Interview patient or family member by telephone prior to special procedures to obtain patient history, allergy and medication history, and alleviate fears by explaining procedure and answering questions.
- Interview patient or family member by telephone post-procedure to reduce complications.
- Provide written and verbal patient education materials.
- Act as liaison between radiology, nursing, physician offices, and home care agencies.
- Participate on hospital committees as assigned.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures.
- Collect data for Low Dose CT lung screening program and follow up with physician offices.
- Graduation from a school of nursing approved by the State Education Department from a course approved by such department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
- 1 year of RN experience; Radiology preferred
- Eligibility for a license issued by the state of New York to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. Possession of the license at the time of appointment.