Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The Nursing Supervisor ensures quality nursing care is rendered to all patients in accordance with the New York Nurse Practice Act, National Standards of Practice, and Nursing and Clinical Service standards of care and practice. Utilizing the Nursing Process, plans, directs and supervises the care of patients in addition to being involved in the provision of direct care of patients and families.
Essential Position Functions:
In order to provide quality patient care, maintain patient satisfaction and meet regulatory requirements, the Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the following duties:
- Represent Nursing Support services and Hospital administration in directing and coordinating administrative and operational activities related to patient care.
- Focus on customer service to ensure quality patient care through an on-going process of continuous quality improvement, planning, and administration to provide direction in difficult and non-routine situations.
- Promote an environment with which the patient care team can work collaboratively toward objectives
- Serve as a resource person regarding clinical, administrative, human resource/management and development, operational issues, cost containment, and professional development.
- As assigned
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- BLS Certification
- Supervisory experience in an acute care facility