Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Under the general supervision of the Office Physicians, performs direct and indirect nursing activities in accordance with licensure by New York State and the policies and procedures of the health center.
Essential Duties and Major responsibilities
- Prepares patients for visits with providers by performing and recording vital signs (including: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, and other procedures as needed)
- Reviews patients’ medical records for completeness and updates prior to patients’ visit
- Assists in routine physical examinations by preparing the patient, the equipment, and supplies, and assisting the provider as needed
- Assists in preparing patients for routine diagnostic procedures (i.e. urine specimens) and performing selected screening tests (including: urine dipsticks, urine hCG, and rapid strep throat cultures)
- Assists in preparing routine diagnostic request forms
- Books patients for tests and appointments with outside facilities and/or specialists
- Executes medical orders for specific drugs, treatments, and other diagnostic or therapeutic procedures
- Administers and records medication administration consistent with his/her knowledge of pharmacology in accordance with health center policy
- Participates in preventive health teaching and education pertinent to procedures being conducted
- Provides guidance to non-clinical staff regarding clinical issues (i.e. phone triage)
- Work is of medium demand, walking and standing.
- Occasional lifting of patients with assistance, reaching, handling and fingering of instruments and equipment and caring of patient needs.
- Hearing to distinguish difference in heartbeat and breathing of patients and to hear instructions.
- Near visual acuity to read gauges and dials on equipment.
- Color vision for perceiving changes in patient’s skin color or color of solutions.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment of dual mission of the health center
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the established OHC Values and Standards
- Performs other job related duties as required or assigned
- Registered Nurse degree required, Bachelor of Science Nursing preferred
- NY State RN License
- 2 years similar work, internship, or volunteer experience required
- Work experience equivalent to one year as an RN in an ambulatory medical office environment preferred
- Computer skills for accurate data entry
- AHA BLS Health Care Provider certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced medical office environment
- May be designated responsible for providing guidance to the Medical Assistants in order to maintain clinic flow.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Usual working environment found in outpatient primary care office setting.
- Exposure to blood products, body fluids, cleaning solutions, and medications .
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits, including 403(b) with Hospital contributions, rich health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance and 29 paid days off to start.
About Oneida Healthcare
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Centerhttp://www.oneidahealthcare.org