Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The LPN in the Practice Setting is responsible for working collaboratively with other members of the clinical team in providing high quality care to patients to assure exceptional patient care experiences both safely and efficiently. This position is at Quick Care Camden.
1. Rooms patients, obtains and documents chief compliant, vital signs, height, weight, and allergies. Records/reconciles medications including OTC drugs. Records smoking status. Identifies barriers to medication adherence and barriers to meeting treatment goals.
2. Reviews immunization status.
3. Identifies Team patients with ED or Hospital admission, obtains discharge summary and contacts patients for follow up care.
4. Generates gap lists and calls patients to schedule appointments for Team patients.
5. Inputs recalls for needed services for Team Patients.
6. Liaison with after –hours care and ensuring note in chart and patients have follow up as needed.
7. Responding to Team patients requests for clinical advice; provides clinical advice according to established written protocols over phone or messaging per MD and documents clinical advice in the medical record.
8. Assists provider (MD, PA, and NP) with procedures and examinations. Ensures appropriate documents are signed by all parties.
9. Attends to needs of patients and visitors. Reassures patients and answer questions as necessary. Creates, updates and develops process to educate patients. Provides patient education and self-management tools. Provides information to patients on medications and collaborates with patient for treatment goals.
10. Follows procedure for authorized medication administration and documentation.
11. Performs treatments and procedures as directed, which are within the individual’s scope and training including administering injectable medications.
12. Assures patients are seen in an orderly and fair manner, and that delays and waiting times are communicated to other members of the team. Performs pre-visit planning. Acutely ill patients are given priority at all times.
13. Maintains medical record including ensuring all related reports, labs and information is filed/scanned and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment Assists with coordinating care by tracking overdue labs and imaging, flags abnormal results to the attention of the MD, notifies patients of normal and abnormal test results, under the direction of the physician and follows up on Newborn Screens.
14. Completes routine equipment checks and stocks supplies in all exam and treatment rooms.
15. Facilitates and executes physician orders in conjunction with patient needs and insurance requirements, scheduling exams and tests as appropriate and preparing necessary prescriptions and/or instructions for use by other allied health professionals in a timely manner.
16. Coordinates and schedules referrals/surgeries with other physician specialists as well as Imaging and other medical tests. Ensures appropriate follow-up is arranged for patients. Prepares and sends referrals with CCD and asks patients about self referrals.
17. Provides training for clinical staff.
18. When necessary, acts as receptionist, performs secretarial duties, and discusses insurance claims with insurance companies in an effort pre-certify and/or meet pre-authorization restrictions.
19. In the event of an anaphylactic reaction or Code Blue is able to assist provider (MD PA, or NP) with resuscitation and CPR if needed. Ensures Code procedure is followed and documented appropriately.
20. Participates actively in quality improvement activities at practice.
21. Attends and participates in daily huddles and monthly Clinical Team meetings.
22. Communicates effectively throughout the day with other Team members to ensure smooth workflow and to coordinate activities so patient needs are met.
Education and Experience
Education :Graduation from a Licensed Practical Nurse Program which is registered by the New York State Education Department
Experience :past experience in health care
Licensure :LPN licensure in New York State