Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The Ward Clerk performs varied support activities on the unit. This position assists staff RNs and others in the performance of patient care. Work is performed at the direction of a supervisor or other licensed professional.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Consistently maintains par level of supplies and equipment for the nursing unit. Orders supplies appropriately.
- Organizes storage of supplies obtained on nursing unit from Central Service, Central Stores, etc
- Completes work orders, promptly notifies Maintenance of repairs if needed as directed by Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse. See that equipment gets to BioMed for repair.
- Answers telephones, pages and patient call intercom promptly and in a courteous manner; Picks up pager consistently on 3-11 and 11-7 shift to reduce overhead paging.;Consistently identifies self when answering phone.
- Promptly addresses patient/visitors/families and ancillary staff that present to the desk.
- Promptly and accurately relays all messages and information to appropriate personnel.
- Answers patient call intercom promptly and accurately relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with ancillary departments ad directed.
- Maintains organized desk area daily.
- Maintains/updates information in voice care every shift.
- Maintains entire patient medical record on a daily basis. Includes assembling, labeling, thinning,rearranging, adding additional sheets/reports as needed; Keeps info current on chart binders (special attention to labels,DNR, name alert, and allergy).
- Disassembles discharge charts promptly and forwards to Medical Records Department.
- Consistently places vital signs and I&O printouts in medical record accurately and promptly.
- Maintains daily log of admissions, transfers, discharges and deaths and notifies appropriate departments promptly.
- Prepares or continually updates daily office report with patient names, condition, classifications and census information.
- Makes sure patient charge card for supplies are labeled, posted, and forwarded to appropriate department.
- Maintains current and sufficient number of down time charting supplies.
- Copies charts for transfers as needed.
- Assists with transport of patients and messenger duties (lab slips, pharmacy, etc.) if necessary.
- Assists physicians with computer issues for information.
- Obtains medical records if necessary.
- Facilitates communications at nursing station during Code Blue situations.
- Remains current with BLS certification.
- Reviews email, prints, and posts information for staff as needed.
- Customer service participation and promotion.
- Consistently ready to begin work on time.
- Demonstrates consistently a cooperative attitude toward work assignments and co-workers.
- Consistently maintains confidentiality regarding patient and hospital information.
- Attends all mandatory in-services (exceeds if Hazcom and Infection Control are completed by March 31st annually); Completes unit specific competencies annually (exceeds if completed before January 31st annually); Keeps education and training record current.
- Is consistently aware of safety/risk issues and reports appropriately to Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse/House Supervisor.
- Complies with dress code on a daily basis, includes wearing nametag.
- Willingly provides training/participates in the orientation of new personnel.
- Willingly performs other duties as requested by Nurse Manager or designee.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- ASSIGNED LOCATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDENT ON PATIENT CARE NEEDS.
Job Type: Part-time