Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The LPN/Case Manager is responsible for the coordination of residents’ admission to short term rehabilitation, assisting with needs assessment for rehabilitation services, providing social service and discharge planning functions for the Extended Care Facility.
- Assist Nurse Manager with new admission orders
- Assist Nurse Manager with completing baseline care plan
- Assist in completing MOLST
- Orient new admission to the rehab unit
- Work in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to complete needs assessment for rehabilitation
- Complete BIMS and Social Work sections of MDS
- Advocate for residents
- Work with resident, family and interdisciplinary team to meet discharge plan
- Facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning meetings and attend weekly Medicare meetings
- Assure resident teaching needed for discharge is completed
- Complete referrals to outside agencies to ensure safe discharge
- Other duties as assigned
Work schedule may require some flexibility as this is a healthcare institution, although regular hours will likely be Monday through Friday, 11am – 7pm.
Education: Associates (preferred)
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in discharge planning working with an interdisciplinary team in a short term rehabilitation setting
Licensure: NYS Licensed Practical Nurse