Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
The MOC in the Practice Setting is responsible for working collaboratively with others in the Practice in making appointments for patients following medical practice procedures, responsible for coordinating, verifying, distributing, and managing all billable services to patients, and assure exceptional patient experiences both safely and efficiently.
- Registers new patients and collects required data.
- Updates registration on existing patients.
- Confirms and documents PCP
- Offers portal access
- Provides written care plan to patient (part of CVS)
- Monitors delays and informs patients
- For assigned patient panel, identifies patients with ED or Hospital Admission and obtains discharge summaries.
- Contacts patients for follow-up care as needed.
- For assigned patient panel, performs pre-visit planning by maintaining the medical record including ensuring all related reports, labs and information is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
- Provides uninsured patients information about coverage and financial policy.
- Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible parties and collects copayments as required.
- Checks eligibility
- Arranges for interpreters as needed
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes calls appropriately, offering voice mail, paging, or redirection of calls as needed.
- Greets visitors and assists them as appropriate. Phones or pages employees to meet visitors, directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas. Verifies vendor compliance with facility requirements.
- Coordinates with clinical staff to secure charge information for all patients.
- Collects and logs copayments into database
- Processes and balances cash drawers against total collected as well as complete daily bank deposits
- Uses computerized system to match physician/clinician availability with patient’s preferences in terms of date and time.
- Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and complete and can be used to analyze data.
- Ensures that status changes (e.g., cancellations, no shows, acutes) are added daily into master schedule.
- Provides training for clerical staff
- Other nonclinical duties as assigned.
- Participates actively in quality improvement activities at practice.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Communicates effectively throughout the day with other Team members to ensure smooth workflow and to coordinate activities so patient needs are met.
- Monday through Friday. Regular business hours
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of one year experience preferred.