Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Circulating nurse – works outside the sterile field. Responsible for managing the nursing care within the O.R. by observing the surgical team from a broad perspective and assisting the team in creating and maintaining a safe, comfortable environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gather supplies for surgical procedure
- Assist the scrub technician to set up the room for a case
- Assess the patients prior to surgery and assess readiness to be taken to the OR
- Ensure the Time Out is preformed
- Assist with induction of anesthesia
- Assist with positioning patient on the OR table
- Maintain sterility of items before and during the procedure
- Circulate the room and document the case during the procedure
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Ensure counts are correct
- Ensure the Post Time Out is preformed
- Evaluate the emergence and postoperative phase
Qualifications and Skills
- Two years of circulator experience
- Excellent knowledge of sterile technique and surgical operation procedures
- NYS RN License
- In depth knowledge of patient safety and precautions
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Diploma in Nursing and a valid NYS RN license.
- ACLS and BLS Certification.
- CNOR Certification is a plus.