Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The spring 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our seventh consecutive “A” or “B”.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience.
This is a professional position involving responsibility for scheduling patients for surgical procedures as ordered by referring physicians.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and schedule surgeries as designated by physicians using computerized scheduling system.
- Work as a team member within the patient services department and all other departments.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent / emergent situations per protocols.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
- Document work processes as required.
- Coordinate processes and route all paperwork as required to meet physician and facility requirements.
- Ensure efficient telephone communication.
- Follow all written protocols and procedures of the Hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Surgical scheduling experience or related required