Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Installs and maintains PCs and peripheral equipment throughout the hospital campus, extended care facility, offsite service sites, and physicians’ offices. Responds to computer users’ inquiries, complaints, and requests for technical assistance. Researches and recommends hardware to meet needs for various computer systems implementations.
Typical Work Activities
- Installs hardware and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Confers with staff, users, and management to determine hardware requirements.
- Receives calls for service to hardware and peripheral devices. Reads technical manuals, confers with users, and conducts diagnostics to determine the nature of referred problems.
- Prioritizes service delivery as appropriate.
- Tests and monitors software, hardware and peripheral equipment to evaluate use, effectiveness, and adequacy of product for user.
- Prepares evaluations of software and hardware, and submits recommendations to management for review.
- Provides technical assistance as per the nature of the problem, including making repairs to PCs and related equipment, instructing users, referring to manufacturer or service vendor, and recommending replacement, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics to include:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, electronic circuit boards, processors, chips, and network systems.
- Instructing – Instructing users with varying degrees of technical expertise .
- Troubleshooting – Determining what is causing an operating error and determining the most appropriate resolution.
- Mechanical ability
- Oral and written comprehension
- Cooperative attitude
- Maintains knowledge and proficiency in the field.
- Thrive in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team
- Self-disciplined and able to manage own time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience in computer hardware maintenance.
- Two years experience in customer service capacity.