Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This position exists in the Radiology Department and involves responsibility for performing diagnostic imaging of patients using radiation producing equipment. The work is performed under the general direction of a Supervising Radiologic Technologist with leeway allowed for exercise of independent judgement in carrying out technical details of the work. Does related work as required.
Essential Position Functions:
- Capturing images, obtaining the best quality image while critiquing films, and ensuring the patients are comfortable and safe.
- Positioning the patient’s properly to obtain proper imaging.
- Prepare patients for exams, including taking a medical history and answering questions about the exam.
- The Technologist must be able to effectively explain the procedure to the patient and acknowledge they understand.
- Need to be able to adjust and maintain all imaging equipment.
- Patient communication and preparation including removal of garments and jewelry that may interfere with the procedure.
- Setting up the equipment’s parameters to obtain the best density, detail and contrast using collimation and ALARA.
- Take preventative measures to avoid any unnecessary exposure to radiation.
- Be able to perform exams in the OR with the C-arm.
- Must be able to communicate calmly, compassionately and professionally with all different types of patients including the elderly, pediatric, ailing and handicapped and provide age specific care.
- Must be able to follow the physician’s instructions.
- Know how to use proper shielding.
- Be able to operate all the x-ray equipment and computerized systems.
- Work side by side with the radiologist during fluoroscopic exams. And be able to set the room up for Fluoroscopy studies and procedures.
- Must be able to learn the ordering/cancelling, editing process of exams.
- Maintain adequate supplies and stocking their rooms throughout their shift.
- Keeps updated on new Imaging developments through professional journals, on the job training and other educational opportunities.
- Performs other job duties as assigned to them.
- Education: Graduate of a JCERT approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Licensure: NYS License, Member of the AART
About Oneida Healthcare
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center. The Circle of Care means “Exceptional Care…Always!”
Oneida, NY is a unique community with beautiful tree lined streets, sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library, and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5 hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.