Oneida, NY 13421
Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Under supervision of the Controller and Materials Management Director, the AP/Purchasing Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of activities related to the procurement and invoicing of supplies, materials, services, and equipment in accordance with established Accounting, Purchasing, and Materials Management policies and procedures. Researches purchase orders, enters order confirmations, and provides general Purchasing assistance. Opens the mail and files invoices, matches and enters invoices and provides general Accounts Payable assistance. Provides additional/back-up coverage for Materials Management.
Essential Position Functions
- Researches outstanding Purchase Orders by contacting the vendors and placing the order if the necessary.
- Enters order confirmations into Meditech; notes pricing discrepancies for the Purchasing Specialist or MM Director. Corrects any authorized price discrepancies in the PO and item dictionary.
- Assists with Capital Equipment Requisitions by updating the information in the EHS once the PO is complete and scanning/filing the completed CERs.
- Assists with vendor credentialing system by greeting and assisting representatives.
- Provides back-up coverage for Purchasing department
- Assists the Materials Management department as needed by performing a wide variety of storeroom activities including picking, receiving, verifying, storing, shipping, and record keeping of materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Open the mail twice a week for Accounts Payable and separates it as necessary.
- Matches and enters invoices.
- Assists with vendor follow-up and statement reconciliation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree preferred. Experience can substitute for education.
- One year of Accounting or Purchasing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.