Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
Assists in preparation and servicing of food and in the cleaning of kitchen equipment; does related work as required. Experience in quantity cooking.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures all meal are prepared on time and takes responsibility for quantity and quality product with limited waste.
- Is organized in work flow and production, allowing time for assisting others and/or cleaning projects.
- Follows all policies and procedures; records temperatures appropriately.
- Communicates with fellow cooks and staff pertaining to matching meals and/or evening meal service
- Answers phone as needed and uses proper procedure.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, and vegetables for consumption.
- Follows all prep and pull sheets; notifies managers when changes need to be made.
- Uses proper technique when prepping and pulling (thawing, labeling, dating).
- Records all cooling logs.
- Labels and dates anything put in cooler.
- Prepares food under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients; washing, peeling, and cutting fruits and vegetables; and trimming and cutting meat for culinary use.
- Makes sure all areas are clean and sanitized throughout the day.
- Completes daily cleaning as well as extra cleaning.
- Checks menu for any changes and catering board for any changes or needs.
- Keeps an eye on tray line, soup, salad, condiments, etc. for any necessary replenishment.
- Uses correct cutting boards.
- Uses protective equipment to prevent injuries.
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment while following all rules and regulations.\
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of cooking experience in large-scale food preparation; and
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.