Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This position reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer. This position provides clinical leadership in planning, implementing and influencing safe, quality patient care delivery in Surgical Services – Ambulatory Surgery, OR, and PACU.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Assesses patient nursing care needs and prepares and carries out a nursing care plan; Collaborates with medical staff in care and treatment of patients.
2. Provides for accurately descriptive records of the medical treatment and nursing care of patients.
3. Checks physicians’ orders, medication cards and charts to insure prompt and accurate execution of orders.
4. Instructs and assists the nursing staff and auxiliary nursing personnel on nursing problems, unit management and related activities.
5. Coordinates the services rendered by other departments in the interest of effective management and patient welfare.
6. Supervises the activities of professional subordinates in the bedside care of patients and the administration of medications and treatments on a unit.
7. Orients new personnel and oversees participation in related staff development and in-service training programs.
8. Performs a variety of personnel and unit management activities.
9. Assists in the formulation and execution of policies and procedures.
10. Assists with yearly budget preparation.
Qualifications and Skills
Must be a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years experience in acute care; 2-3 years experience in supervisor/management; and surgical services experience. Bachelors degree in Nursing is required.
Possess an understanding of teambuilding and a strong desire to establish excellent working relationships in an organization dedicated to quality.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits, including 403(b) with matching and non-elective contributions (6% total), generous PPO health insurance benefits, paid life/LTD insurance, 32 paid days off.
Oneida Healthcare’s patients never have to sacrifice local accessibility for world-class care. Over twenty local care centers and our community of 150 employed and private-practice physician partners means an ever-expanding pool of professional expertise, progressive medical technology and treatment options.
Oneida Healthcare provides ready access to a full complement of services including: 24/7 Emergency Department; Modern Inpatient Facilities; EHR; State of the Art Operating Suites; da Vinci Robotic Surgery; Modern Birthing Center; Outpatient Rehab Center; Hospital-Operated Primary and Specialty Care Practices and a 160-bed Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center. The Circle of Care means “Exceptional Care…Always!”