Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
CS Technician Certification Required!
This work involves responsibility for the maintenance of a large variety of hospital supplies and equipment used in support of our nursing services. This position differs from that of a Nursing Assistant in that it involves little or no direct patient contact. A variety of tasks involving the reprocessing, assembly and sterilization of instruments required for patient care are performed. Since the consequence of error in this position may be serious for patients, direct supervision is received from the CS Supervisor. This position is Flex Schedule, some weekends and Holiday call.
- Maintain sterilization records
- Collection of dirty instruments throughout the hospital
- Reprocessing, assembly and sterilization of instruments and instrument sets as well as other sterile supplies.
- Reprocessing of flexible endoscopes for Endoscopy department.
- Maintains the cleanliness and order of the Sterile Processing department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to understand and accurately carry out routine oral and written directions, as well as the ability to carry out tasks without supervision;
- Willingness to cooperate and to follow carefully a prescribed routine;
- Discretion, tact, and good judgment;
- Interest in hospital work;
- Computer skills.
- High school or equivalent
- CS Technician Certification Required: 1 year