Oneida Health is an independent 101-bed acute care community hospital and a 160-bed extended-care facility (ECF) and short-term rehab facility licensed by the State of New York and operated by Oneida Health Systems, Inc., a New York not-for-profit corporation. The hospital is Joint Commission accredited.
We are proud to share that we have recognized for several national awards based upon safety of care as well as the patient experience of care. The first recognition is provided by The Leapfrog Group, a nationally recognized non-profit organization who reviews 30 patient quality and safety measures and assigns a letter grade to over 2,600 hospitals nationally based upon outcomes. The fall 2019 letter grade for OHC is a “B.”, our eighth consecutive “A” or “B”. Our hospital was also awarded 4 Stars for Patient Experience.
The second recognition is for the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient safety and is 1 of only 16 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019. The third recognition is for the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award. Our hospital is among the top 10% nationally for patient experience and is 1 of only 8 hospitals in New York to receive this award for 2019…with Oneida Health as the only hospital in New York State to receive both awards for 2019! We are also very proud of our CMS 4-Star overall rating for patient experience and CMS 5-Star for quality measures.
This is routine manual work performed requiring efficient performance of building cleaning tasks. The responsibility of an employee in this position involves the thorough execution of tasks following a well established procedure. The work is performed under general supervision. Does related work as required.
- Mops, sweeps, vacuums, and washes floors, stairs, hallways, elevators, and restrooms;
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage, and empties waste baskets;
- Fills towel dispensers;
- Strips and refinishes floors;
- Washes blackboards, sinks, and other fixtures;
- Cleans venetian blinds, mirrors, and bathroom fixtures;
- Takes soiled linens to the laundry.
- Working knowledge of building cleaning methods, procedures and equipment;
- ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions;
- willingness to perform routine cleaning and other manual tasks;
- ability to get along well with others;
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a healthcare setting;
- High school diploma or equivalent