Contact Jonathan Schiller
321 Genesee Street
Oneida, NY 13421
Message from the CEO
President and CEO
July 12, 2022
Greetings Oneida Health Family
My most sincere “Thank You” to our Oneida Health Family for the warm welcome I received in my first week as our new CEO. After having spent 18 years leading my prior health system, my decision to work at Oneida Health was very intentional. I have chosen to work at Oneida Health for many reasons:
- Our culture is special – we are a family of caring individuals who always keep our patients at the center of our work
- We live our values of excellence, respect, integrity, compassion, teamwork, safety, and stewardship each day
- We have a dedicated group of employees that work across our health care enterprise – going above and beyond for our patients at every opportunity
- We have a gifted Medical Staff with impeccable education, credentials, and skills to guide the care of our community
- We have a Board of Trustees that is committed to our Mission and is doing everything it can to help us advance our organization
- We have a Circle of Care that we are each committed to – with comprehensive services for members of our community to receive exceptional care, close to home
- We have a tremendous opportunity ahead of us to grow our services even more, and further meet the health care needs of our community
As a result of what we’ve experienced over the past two and a half years, our industry is going through unprecedented disruption right now – staffing shortages, supply shortages, spiraling costs, and negative operating margins…all resulting in many health systems struggling to keep their services open. We too are experiencing these issues and are making all the right decisions to address these concerns. Nothing lasts forever – including tough times. We will weather this storm, and come out even stronger on the other side, thanks to everyone’s efforts along the way. I encourage you to take things one day at a time, and we will be stronger – together.
I have had the pleasure of meeting many people during my first week, and if I have not met you yet – I look forward to it!
Please, take care of yourselves and each other in our Oneida Health Family.
Yours in Service,
Return To Main Page