Oneida Health ECF Visitor Response Plan
Oneida Health Extended Care Facility (OH ECF) adheres to the New York State Health Advisory Guidelines for Skilled Nursing Visitation.
Visitation may occur at OH ECF only in the absence of any new positive test of COVID-19 among staff or residents as reported for a period of no less than fourteen (14 days), consistent with NYS Department of Health established thresholds. Special consideration will be given to “Imminent End of Life” situations. These restrictions are for face-to-face visits only and do not include virtual or window visits.
All Visitors must have a scheduled time to visit. Please call 315-363-6000 and depending on the type of visit, please use the following extension:
- Window Visit – Penny Ostrander ext 8314
- In-Person Visit – Gail Keiffer ext 8313
- Virtual Visit – Penny Ostrander ext 8314
Visitation Guidelines and Policies
1. Spaces for visits (remain 6 feet apart)
2. Central Dining Room
1. Visitors are required to present a verified negative COVID-19 test result within the last week (7 days) prior to visit
2. Maximum of 2 visitors per resident per visit
3. Remain 6 feet apart
4. In order to ensure Department of Health Compliance and resident safety, we will limit to a maximum of 10 individuals (including residents) visiting at a time
5. Visitation is strictly prohibited in resident rooms or care areas.
6. Visitation may be limited to 30 minute visits in order to accommodate other residents and families
7. Children 12 and under will not be allowed to visit
8. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
3. Screening of visitors
1. First and last name of the visitor
2. Physical (street) address of the visitor
3. Daytime and evening telephone number
4. Date and time of visit
5. Email address
6. A notation indicating the individual cleared the screening (both temperature and questions) that does not include any individual temperatures or other individual specific information. (Visitors who do not pass the screen will not be allowed to visit)
7. Visitors must wear a face mask or face covering which covers both the nose and mouth at all times when on the premises of the NH. No physical contact between resident and visitor will be allowed. Visitors must maintain social distancing, except when assisting with wheelchair mobility.
4. Visiting hours (Subject to change)
1. Monday thru Friday 2pm-5pm
2.Weekends-9am-11am & 2pm-4pm
5. Hand washing
1. OH ECF will provide alcohol-based hand rub, consisting of at least 60 percent (60%) alcohol, to residents, visitors, and ombudsman visiting residents.
If any visitor fails to adhere to the Visitor Response Plan, he/she/they will be required to leave the premises and will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.