Call Social Services:
Oneida Health ECF Visitor Response Plan
New York State is now mandating all visitors to present a negative COVID test within 24 hours of the visit.
Testing information from the Madison County Public Health Department
Oneida Health Extended Care Facility (OH ECF) adheres to the New York State Health Advisory Guidelines for Skilled Nursing Visitation and will adhere to the Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention.
Visitation will be allowed for all residents, at all times.
If any visitor fails to adhere to the Visitor Response Plan, he/she/they will be required to leave the premises and will be prohibited from in-person visits.
Visitation Guidelines and Policies
- Spaces for visits (remain 6 feet apart)
- Outdoor Patio (preferable)
- Central Dining Room
- Resident rooms when a resident’s health status prevents the resident from leaving their room
- Residents in private rooms
- Highly encouraged to wear a face-covering when visiting
- Encouraged to maintain social distancing
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash hands before and after a visit
- Visitors are required, to present a verified negative COVID-19 test result within 24 hours of the visit. See the latest Directive from the NY State Department of Health.
- Remain 6 feet apart
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older
- Visitors must wear a medical-grade face mask that covers both the nose and mouth at all times when on the premises of the NH.
- Visitors must maintain social distancing.
- Visitors should also physically distance themselves from other residents and staff in the facility
- Visitors should limit their movement in the facility and go directly to the resident’s room or the designated visitation area
- In-room visitation may be discouraged or limited due to the resident/roommate’s medical conditions
- Screening of visitors
- First and last name of the visitor
- Physical (street) address of the visitor
- Daytime and evening telephone number
- Date and time of visit
- Email address
- A notation indicating the individual cleared the screening (both temperature and questions) that does not include any individual temperatures or other individual-specific information. (Visitors who do not pass the screen will not be allowed to visit)
- Hand washing
- OH ECF will provide alcohol-based hand rub, consisting of at least 60 percent (60%) alcohol, to residents, visitors, and ombudsman visiting residents.
- Following the visit, cleaning and disinfecting will be completed for the visiting area by a staff member. Resident and visitor will complete hand hygiene.
- Long–term Care Ombudsman may have immediate access to any resident. They must follow the screening process, have no symptoms of COVID-19, and must adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention. If they show signs and symptoms of COVID-19 other forms of technology will be offered to reach the patient such as a virtual visit or phone.