DO, MBA, CPHQ, CHCQM, FACC, FACP, FACHE, FAPPL
Oneida Health Cardiology Specialists
- Cardiology Services
- Director of Cardiology Services
- Trinity Health, Syracuse, NY 2017 – 2020 – Regional Chief Medical Officer St. Joseph’s Health
- St. Joseph’s Physicians, Syracuse, NY 2017 – 2020 – President
- CNY Accountable Integrated Medicine, LLC, Syracuse, NY 2017 – 2020 – Management Board
- Concordia Healthcare Network, LLC, Syracuse, NY 2018 – 2020 – Founding Board Member
- Onondaga County Medical Society, Syracuse, NY 2018 – 2020 – President Elect
- Kent Hospital, Warwick, RI 2012 – 2017 – Senior Vice President for Quality and Chief Medical Officer
- Toll Gate Indemnity LLC, Warwick, RI 2013 – 2017 – President
- Kent Hospital, Warwick, RI 2010 – 2012 – Director of Medical Education
- Kent Hospital, Warwick, RI 2008 – 2012 – Chief of Cardiology
- Cardiology Private Practice, Warwick, RI 2009 – 2012 – Practice Owner
- Cardiovascular Associates of Rhode Island, Providence, RI 1997 – 2009 – Practice Partner/Director
- Masters in Business Administration – University of Massachusetts – Amherst, MA (2016)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Athens, OH (1989)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry – Rhode Island College – Providence, RI (1985)
- New York State Medical License through
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Certification Board Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Fellow, American Association for Physician Leadership
- Examiner, Baldrige National Quality Award (2014-present)
- Certified, American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
- Certified, National Association for Healthcare Quality
- Certified, Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Patient Safety Executive Program
- Certified, Just Culture Champion
- Certified, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Brown University, Providence, RI, Cardiology Fellow (1994-1997)
- Brown University, Providence VAMC, Chief Medical Resident (1993-1994)
- Brown University, Providence, RI, The Miriam Hospital, Internal Medicine (1990-1993)
- Ohio University, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH, Osteopathic Internship (1989-1990)
- Poster Presentations:
- Palmer C, Brennan H, Lowe D, Spinale J. Pharyngitis progresses to necrotizing pneumonia — a case of Lemierre’s Syndrome. American College of Physicians RI Chapter, Cranston, RI May 2012
- Palmer C, Brennan H, Lowe D, Spinale J. Pharyngitis progresses to necrotizing pneumonia — a case of Lemierre’s Syndrome. NEOMEN 11th Annual Research Forum; Biddeford, ME, May 16, 2012
- Hines A, Spinale J. Be still, my broken heart: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in today’s job market. American College of Physicians RI Chapter, Cranston, RI May 2012
- Hines A, Spinale J. Be still, my broken heart: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in today’s job market. NEOMEN 11th Annual Research Forum; Biddeford, ME, May 16, 2012
- Woodard C, Spinale J. A broken heart in the presence of coronary artery disease: a case report. NEOMEN11th Annual Research Forum; Biddeford, ME, May 16, 2012
- Invited Presentations:
- Tubulointerstitial nephritis after jejunoileal bypass. Presented at American College of Physicians, Rhode Island Scientific Meeting: March 12, 1992.
- Thermal epiglottitis in Rhode Island: a report of three cases. Presented at American College of Physicians, Rhode Island Scientific Meeting: March 10, 1993.
- Selected Aspects of Aortic Disease. Cardiology Grand Rounds Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, December 13, 1994.
- Pulmonary Hypertension. Cardiology Grand Rounds, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI, March 5, 1996.
- Current Therapy of Atrial Fibrillation, Presented at RI Society of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons, The 1997 Yankee Conference: September 19, 1997.
- Rational Use of Non-Invasive Cardiac Testing. Presented at RI Society of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons, The 1998 Yankee Conference: August 21, 1998.
- Managing Congestive Heart Failure in the New Millennium. Presented at RI Society of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons, The 1999 Yankee Conference: August 20, 1999.
- Acute MI: From Home to the CCU and Home Again, Kent Hospital, Keyes Family Fund Annual Lecture: May 21, 2009
- Hospital Quality: Are we Flying the Friendly Skies? Kent Hospital Grand Rounds, September 2012
- How to Improve Efficiency, Patient Safety and Satisfaction and Reduce Cost in Just 30 Minutes Every Day. Rhode Island Association for Healthcare Quality Fall Conference: October 22, 2015.
- Judge 2019 NEOMEN Research Forum. May 16, 2019
- Original Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Mayo-Smith M, Spinale J, Donskey C, Yukawa M, Li R, Schiffman F. Acute Epiglottitis: An 18-Year Experience in Rhode Island. Chest 1995; 108(6): 1640-7.
- Mayo-Smith M, Spinale J. Thermal epiglottitis in adults: a new complication of illicit drug use. Journal of Emergency Medicine 1997 July-August; 15(4): 483-5
- Spinale J, Mahnensmith R. Tubulointerstitial nephritis and jejunoileal bypass. Rhode Island Medicine 1992; 75(7):352.
- Spinale J, Sadaniantz A. Utilization of inpatient resources by patients with acute myocardial infarction and thrombolytic therapy. Clinical Research, April 1993.
- Spinale J, Mayo-Smith M, Donskey C, Yukawa M, Schiffman F. Hot epiglottitis in Rhode Island: A report of three cases. Rhode Island Medicine 1993;76(7):344.