Having a loved one in the Intensive Care Unit can be a very stressful experience. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way. Be assured that all patients in the ICU are closely observed and monitored by qualified, professional, and caring nursing staff that have been trained in critical care.
Please feel free to contact the ICU to check on the status of the hospitalized person. Our number is (315) 361-2069. However, please keep in mind:
- Due to strict privacy laws we are unable to give out specific medical information.
- Please do not call at change of shift (between 7 am – 8 am and 7 pm – 8 pm) as reports with vital information are being exchanged between clinicians and nurses during this time.
- We ask that you designate one person to call for information and then that person can relay the information to others concerned about the patient.
- We ask this to help minimize phone calls that may take us away from the patient’s care.
Please limit the number of family members in the patient’s room to no more than 2 at a time. We request this because of space limitations, care needs of our patients, and concern for a safely controlled environment for our patients. We recognize that there may be times that family members may be unable to visit during our posted hours. Consideration will be given for visits outside the normal visiting hours.
A phone is located outside the entrance to the ICU for you to use each time you wish to enter the unit.
This phone, conveniently located directly outside the unit, helps us to protect the privacy and manage the safety and security for all our patients and visitors.
Please do not bring in food or beverages for the patient without checking with the nursing staff. Many of our patients have been placed on a specialized diet by their doctors. Many tests require that no food or beverage is consumed prior to the treatment. Our nurses are required to closely monitor and record all food and beverages consumed by our patients. If the patient would like to order food from our kitchen, please let your nurse know and our Dietary unit will call the patient daily for meal orders.
We may need to ask you to step out of the unit at certain times throughout the day. Please understand that:
- ICU patients require frequent and thorough assessments and treatments by nursing staff.
- ICU patients need ample rest to promote the healing process.
- Other patients in the ICU may be having procedures that require privacy.
Care Transition staff members are available between the hours of 6:30 am and 4 pm at (315) 363-6000 extension 1133. The nursing staff can also assist you in making arrangements to meet with a Care Transition Team Leader.
A hospital chaplain is on call at all times. If you are in need of spiritual care please notify the nursing staff.
Station Break Café
Our Station Break Café is located on the first floor. Signage will direct you to its location once on the first floor.
A variety of hot and cold food items and beverages, as well as Simply-to-Go pre-packaged items, are available from 7:00 am – 6:30 pm.
Breakfast: 7:30 am – 10:45 am
Lunch: 10:45 am – 2:00 pm
Dinner: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
There is a full service vending area located outside the Station Break Café on the first floor. The snack vendor can accept bills in increments of $1, $5, $10, $20 for your convenience. An ATM machine is also located in the vending area and also across from the first floor elevators of the hospital. There are also cold beverage and snack vendors available on the third floor, just outside the Lullaby Center waiting room.